India’s vice-president, M Venkaiah Naidu, revealed the Atal Ranking of Innovation Achievements Institutions, or ARIIA 2020, on August 18. In Atal Ranking 2020, Indian Institute of Madras, or IIT Madras, once again tops the list of the best centrally funded universities. Odisha has appeared as the winner in Private Institutions division, with its Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, or KIIT.
ARIIA 2020 rankings included, for the first time, a special group of awards for women-only higher education institutions.
The outcomes of the ARIIA 2020 rankings were analyzed based on seven criteria — budget and funding support, infrastructure and facilities, awareness, promotion and support for the generation and innovation of ideas, promotion and support for the growth of entrepreneurship, creative learning methods and courses, the generation of intellectual property, technology transfer and commercialization and innovation in the governance of the institution.
ARIIA 2020: Category-Wise Atal Ranking 2020
Centrally Funded Institutions:
- IIT Madras
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IISc Bangalore
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Mandi
- NIT Calicut
- IIT Roorkee
- University of Hyderabad
Women (only higher educational institutions):
- Avinashilingam Institute For Home Science And Higher Education For Women
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women
- S.R. Engineering College, Telangana
- G. H. Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur
- Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology
- NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology
- CMR College of Engineering and Technology
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Odisha
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
State-Funded Autonomous Institutions:
- College of Engineering Pune, Maharashtra
- PES College of Engineering, Karnataka
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
- Shri Guruji Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Maharashtra
- PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, Tamil Nadu
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Maharashtra
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Maharashtra
- Punjab University
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University
- Anand Agricultural University
- Periyar University
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
- Graduate School of Engineering and Technology, Gujarat Technological University
ARIIA is an initiative by the Ministry of Education (MoE) which is implemented by AICTE and Ministry’s Innovation Cell, Government of India.
The objective or ARIIA 2020 is to rank higher education institutions and universities in India as per Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Startup, and Development amongst faculty and students.
Read more about education news on Rajasthan Shiksha.