The Human Resource Development Ministry (MHRD) has postponed the date for submitting essays online as part of the Independence Day Essay competition. The subject of this essay competition is ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat-Swatantra Bharat.’ Class 9-12 students interested in taking part in the online Independence Day 2020 essay contest can send their submissions to innovate.mygov.in/essay-competition until August 23. Previously, the last day was August 14.
The National Council of Education and Training (NCERT), the central educational institution, will assist with the online essay competition and awards will be given to the shortlisted students at the national level.
An earlier MHRD statement said the selection of essays will be taken up at two levels, at the state and at the national level.
Subtopics for the Essay Competition
The Ministry of Education has also mentioned the subtopics for the essay competition while extending the deadline for sending the online essays. These are as follows:
- For Atma Nirbhar Bharat the Indian Constitution and Democracy are the biggest enablers.
- India at 75: A Nation Marching towards Atmanirbhar Bharat
- Atma Nirbhar Bharat through Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat: Innovation thrives when there is unity in diversity
- Digital India: Opportunities in COVID-19 and Beyond
- Atma Nirbhar Bharat-Role of students in National Development
- Atma Nirbhar Bharat-Independence from gender, caste and ethnic biases.
- Atma Nirbhar Bharat: Making of a new India through Bio-Diversity and Agricultural Prosperity.
- While I exercise my rights I must not forget to undertake my duties to usher in an Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
- My physical fitness is my wealth that will build the human capital for Atma Nirbhar Bharat
- Conserve Blue to Go Green for an Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
The 74th Independence Day commemorations were carried online, given the current COVID-19 disease outbreak. To mark the country’s 74th Independence Day, many schools and colleges will organize quiz competitions, debate competitions, essay writing competitions, painting, and poetry competitions online.
Read more about education news on Rajasthan Shiksha.